We love to crap,do u?
Tech quote: "COFFEE.EXE Missing - Insert Cup and Press Any Key."

My view on the post, Nothing But Creative: Hear It Everywhere, today

Labels:
Nothing But Creative: Hear It Everywhere, today.

Well, it was not the new PMP player after all. It is a X-Fi Notebook Sound Card with the capability to transmit sounds wireless to a speaker via a separately sold wireless receiver. I like the idea of controlling your home sound system wirelessly, and not by some wires that is very unsightly and not feasible. It will be very cool to have this function in the new Zen, and I really look forward to it.

That being said, is there something wrong with Creative? I quote a comment from nothingbutcreative.blogspot.com regarding the new X-Fi notebook soundcard.

Karil_zhenyu said...

Not really, given the fact that their flagship product Zen X-fi was released so recently, I knew it wouldn't be another player... Yet.

Nonetheless, I'm expecting stuff like Nano plus X-fi and Zen: Vision X-fi coming up. By implementing the X-fi tech to all their players.

The wireless X-fi looks good, but I think its kind of a overkill with the wireless receiver. Who would really need that? Its not a cheap toy anyway.

But really, what's bothering me is this. Creative is really catching up fast. And its a little scary to buy their product these days.

For the USB series, we have the 'Play!'. Than a month later, we have the 'Go!', which is clearly better than the 'Play!'.

We than compare the Audigy notebook which was release way long back. While the X-fi Xtremeaudio notebook came out quite long after the first, it only took a few months for this new toy to roll out.

Which makes me think... Will my Zen X-fi(After reading reviews everywhere including this and testing it myself at Marina Sq), which I'm going to purchase this coming week be obsolete the next month?

Beats me... :S




This was exactly what I had in mind when I saw this product, as well as other Creative lineups such as the Zen. Zen Vision M and Zen Vision W? Zen and Zen X-Fi? Zen Stone and Zen Stone plus? What are all the difference between the products? Wider screen, X-Fi, and a screen, respectively. Ok, improvements is always good, but such 'improvment' in such a short time is really frustrating. I could only imagine owners of Zen stone swearing their days out when the Zen Stone Plus came out. Creative is like cheating us. Are they forcing people to buy the 'improved' products after we have brought the 'older' but similar product? The USB series 'Play!' and 'Go!' is really ridiculous. Why risk disappointing so many people by creating better products in the same lineup in such a short time?

So a good advice, wait before you buy.....

0 comments:

Recent Posts

Recent Comments